Deployed Services is proud to work with small businesses that share our commitment to excellence, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage small businesses that are interested in working with Deployed Services to contact our Small Business Office.
Our company’s vendor engagement policies provide fair and equitable opportunities to small businesses of all socio-economic classes. Deployed Services prohibits discrimination against any person or business pursuing opportunities on the grounds of race, creed, color, national origin or sex. We manage our contracting and procurement programs to prevent and resolve any claims of discrimination and are committed to expanding small business participation in our direct contracts and subcontracts whenever feasible.
The purpose of Deployed Services’ Small Business Office is to create a level playing field that promotes diversity and cultivates a fair and equitable environment for all small and diverse businesses interested in pursuing opportunities with our company, including Qualified Small Businesses (QSB), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (VOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women- Owned Businesses, and businesses located in HUBZones.
Deployed Services’ Small Business Office responsibilities and commitments:
- Establish relationships among the business community, Deployed Services buyers, and customers
- Document and distribute listings of small businesses to the Deployed Services procurement team
- Train vendors on how to conduct business with or become a QSB for Deployed Services
- Create small business subcontracting plans for diverse small/small, disadvantaged businesses for federal contracts that exceed $700,000
- Increase awareness of equal opportunity in business contracting with Deployed Services managers and employees
- Promote small businesses company-wide
- Prepare “good faith effort” Diverse Supplier usage proposals and reports
- Submit Diverse Supplier compliance reports to applicable government agencies
Deployed Services’ vendor engagement policies provide fair and equitable opportunities to small businesses of all socio-economic classes. Deployed Services prohibits discrimination against any person or business pursuing opportunities on the grounds of race, creed, color, national origin or sex. We manage our contracting and procurement programs to prevent and resolve any claims of discrimination and are committed to expanding small business participation in our direct contracts and subcontracts whenever feasible.
Opportunities for QSBs may include the general procurement of products and services and the provision of professional services, such as IT consulting, engineering, personnel services, custodial, catering, building maintenance, equipment, construction, security, etc.
Small Business Qualification:
Federal Regulations and Title 28 require adequate and timely consideration of minority business enterprises in all Deployed Services contracting decisions. To qualify under these guidelines, a minority group must control the business enterprise (see below).
To ensure that African American, Alaska Native and/or American Indian, Asian American, Pacific Islanders, Hispanic, Women Business Enterprise, and HUBZone companies benefit from procurement opportunities created by Deployed Services and its contractors, the SBO will require the following from QSBs:
- Proof of ownership
- Management agreement capacity, including required bonding and insurance
- Certification by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
QSBs can be sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, or joint ventures that meet the following criteria:
- At least 51% owned, controlled and actively managed by minority group members, and
- Current certification from SBA for SDB and HUBZone classifications
Information and Resources:
Please contact Deployed Services' Small Business Office liaison for assistance in obtaining certification and/or becoming a QSB.
External links for further information pertaining to Small Business: